Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
In this article, we will show the top 7 Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustment. Chiropractic is primarily to improve the health of our patient’s spine and Joints. A common misconception is that the ‘Crack’ is the breaking of bones. Thankfully this is not the case. The sound heard is what we call a cavitation, or a sudden increase in the joint space.
Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustment includes;
Relief of Muscle Spasm:
Poor Joint health can cause a cycle of dysfunctional muscle tone. Adjustments can Break this cycle and help to restore Healthy Muscle tone.
By Removing the source of mechanical Pain or inflammation.
Decreased Stress Response:
In our modern hustle and bustle society, we often become stressed out and have excess sympathetic or adrenal system activity. Chiropractic adjustments can help to activate nerves in the body that suppress the stress or (adrenal) response in our body.
Increased Joint Mobility:
Sitting stationary for long hours, or adopting poor posture can cause us to become stiff and sore. Adjustments to the Joints of the body can restore mobility and decrease discomfort by mechanically restoring the axis of joint movement and allowing healthy joint function.
Treatment of Slipped Disc:
The slipped disc is often caused by a combination of long hours of slouched posture and heavy lifting. This can be a very painful and often scary condition for our patients. Adjustments are very effective in the treatment of Slipped Disc by Causing separation between the 2 vertebral bones and causing the discoid material to move back to a central position.
Treatment of Nerve related Pain:
Chiropractic adjustments are effective in relieving sciatica and shooting pains to the arms and or legs by removing physical compression on spinal nerves.
Relief from a Tension Headache and Cervicogenic Headache;
Tight muscles and inflamed joints in the neck, which often occur due to prolonged hours at the desk or on handphones can be effectively treated by Chiropractic adjustments and are one of the most common ailments we help our patients with.
- Sandoz R The significance of the manipulative crack and other articular noises, Ann Swiss Chiro Association 1969
- Herzog W. Biomechanical Studies of Spinal manipulation therapy JCCA 1991
- Bergman TF Chiropractic technique, principles and procedures. 93
- Somative sources of afferent input as factors in abberant autonomic, sensory and motor function. 1987
- Empirical approaches to the validation of spinal manipulation. Buerger 1985
- Manipulation or Microdiskectomy for Sciatica? A Prospective Randomized Clinical Study mcmorland Et.Al 2010
- Spinal Manipulation vs. Amitriptyline for the Treatment of Chronic Tension-type Headaches:
A Randomized Clinical Trial . Boline EtAl J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1995
Article Written By
Anthony Mu Sung
Doctor Of Chiropractic at Healing Hands Chiropractic